FUW reminds members of changes to Farm Business Grant
THE FARMERS’ UNION OF WALES is reminding members of the upcoming changes to the Farm Business Grants (FBG) application process, which is transferring to Rural Payments Wales Online for the third, and any future rounds of the scheme.
The third application window, which opens on 29 January 2018, will see some changes to the application criteria, including businesses now being allowed to make multiple applications up to the maximum grant level of £12,000, subject to funding being available.
The scheme can provide a one-off grant of between £3,000 and £12,000, allowing farmers to to invest in around 70 items linked to animal health; genetics and performance; crop management; energy efficiency; resource efficiency and ICT.
FUW Policy Officer Charlotte Priddy said: “Further guidance on this and the other aspects of the FBG will be made available from early January next year and we will of course keep farmers updated on these. I would also remind members that if they make an application to the FBG a partner of the business must attend one of the ‘Farming for the Future’ events organised by Farming Connect, which must be booked in advance via Farming Connect.”
The events are held on:
- 17 January – St Mary’s Hotel, Golf & Events, St Mary’s Hill, Pencoed, Vale of Glamorgan, CF35 5EA
- 22 January – Feathers Hotel, Aberaeron, SA46 0AQ
- 23 January – Ivy Bush Hotel, 11 Spilman St, Carmarthen, SA31 1LG
- 25 January – Llandinam Village Hall, Llandinam SY17 5BY
- 30 January – Neuadd Reichel, Bangor University, Deiniol Rd, Bangor, LL57 2TQ
- 1 February – Bala Golf Club, Penlan, Bala, Gwynedd, LL23 7Y
“If anyone requires any further information or assistance with the application process, please contact your local county office,” added Charlotte Priddy.